Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Comment for Colleague

     Ms. Contreras brought up some great points when it comes to having your full divided attention on the road. I agree with what she wrote for the most part that texting and driving can be dangerous and deadly.

     Mobile devices are very popular in this modern time and we can all agree that they have lead to an increase of car crashes over the years.  Distracted driving is becoming a problem and I do agree that something should be done. This is comming from a person that has recently totaled his car and have had to face the consequences from becoming victim of a dreadful text message. This being said, I am fully aware of how dangerous and fatal it is to not have your full attention on the road. However, I do believe that technology has approved over the years and that there are better safe methods to using the cell phone while driving. Though texting and driving can be still very reckless, I don't think Texas should ban all use of mobile devices. I think that with the simple use of a bluetooth or handsfree headphone device, it will eliminate any reason for anyone to look down at their phone to become destracted. I'm not saying that everyone is great at multitasking, but talking and driving is less dangerous than texting while driving.

     Banning texting should be done in Texas and not just in school zones. Texas should also require the use of a hands-free device when using cell  phones. This I'm sure would reduce accidents and fatal crashes due to distracted driving. Overall I do agree with Ms. Contreras that everyone is responsible for being aware of their surroundings, and that Texas should do something to prevent distracted driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment